THE BIGGEST LOSER
Eating Your Way to Shed 8lbs in 4 Weeks
The Low-Carb Yummy “Skinny Recipes” for a Thinner You!
In preparing for my QVC launch in August I have set a goal to lose 8 pounds per month until then. I’m usually the type person who goes on major crash diets, like the crazy kind where you try to lose 25 pounds in 3 days. Uh that’s not happening! So this time I am taking a more sensible, realistic and healthy approach and I would LOVE if any of you would like to join me! I have found some amazing low carb yet really delicious dishes to share with you. Maybe you are just sick of your sedentary lifestyle and bad eating routine, or maybe you are looking for a quick weight fix to look more attractive for an event coming up; in any case, if you eat right you can definitely lose up to 8 pounds in just 4 weeks.
Shedding pounds becomes challenging when you follow extremely restrictive diet whereas you can just cut back on carbs and achieve your desired weight loss goal. Yes, those delicious carbs you see everywhere around you are your biggest enemies. Just cutting back on those can make your weight-loss strategy work wonders.
“But how do I cut back on carbs? I am not even sure if there’s a breakfast or lunch option that is absolutely carb free!”
If these are some concerns popping up in your head, I have already resolved them for you. The breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipes I will share with you are going to help you get an idea on how you can skip on carbs and still enjoy delicious food. Let these ‘skinny recipes’ help you hit the magic number on the scale you always wanted to!
Your Low-Carb Dream Breakfast: Cheesy Herb Omelet
This recipe is the perfect way to start your day with eggs. While the first bite of this omelet was melting in my mouth, I realized I had met the perfect breakfast match for me. The hearty breakfast rich in protein will keep you stay satisfied until the lunch hour rolls around.
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Butter (unsalted), 1 tbsp
- Fresh goat cheese, 2 oz.
- Parsley (chopped), ½ tbsp
- Basil (chopped), ½ tbsp
- Whisk together beaten eggs with salt, pepper and herbs.
- Place a nonstick skillet over low-med heat. Add butter and let it melt.
- Add egg mixture and cook for 2 minutes before flipping it on the other side. Do not break.
- Add crumbled goat cheese over the egg and cover from the other side giving it a semi-circle shape.
- Cook for another minute and let the cheese melt. Serve warm and enjoy!
Mouthwatering Lunch Recipe: Garlic Chicken
Submerge chicken in the delicious favors of garlic and coat with parmesan. The sublime baked chicken is a simple, low-carb recipe you shouldn’t miss out on!
- Olive oil, ¼ cup
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Italian-seasoned bread crumbs, ¼ cup
- 4 boneless chicken fillets, skinless
- Parmesan cheese (grated), ¼ cup
- Set the oven to preheat setting at 425 degrees F.
- Add olive in a saucepan and heat for a minute. Add garlic and sauté until golden brown. Remove and place garlic-oil mixture in a shallow bowl.
- Combine parmesan cheese and bread crumbs in another mixing bowl.
- Dip chicken fillets in the garlic mix and place in the breadcrumb mixture. Coat evenly and place on a baking dish. Repeat with all the fillets.
- Set chicken to bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Check for doneness and serve warm and fresh for exciting flavors.
Delicious Dinner: Skinny Protein Packed Thai Salad
Keep your dinner light and enjoy this amazing weight-loss strategy. Prepare this at home and do not sacrifice the freshness and flavors. Stay fresh till the morning while you enjoy the tantalizing flavors of this Thai-themed salad.
- Chicken breast (cubed), 8 oz.
- Garlic (minced), 1 tsp
- Cabbage (shredded), 1 ½ cups
- Papaya (julienned), 1 cup
- Daikon (shredded), 1 cup
- Carrots (shredded), ½ cup
- Green onion (chopped), ¼ cup
- Olive oil, 1 tbsp
- Cilantro (chopped), ¼ cup
- ½ lime, wedges
Ingredients for dressing
- Fresh lime juice, 1 tbsp
- Soy sauce, 1 tbsp
- Fish sauce, 1 tbsp
- Honey, 1 tbsp
- Rice vinegar, 1 tsp
- Garlic (minced), 2 tsp
- ½ jalapeno
- Olive oil, ½ tsp
- Season chicken breast cubes with salt and pepper. Add minced garlic and rub well. Ad to hot olive oil in a pan and cook over med-high heat until brown. This will take around 7 minutes. Remove chicken and squeeze fresh lime juice on it. Set aside.
- In a salad bowl, combine all the remaining salad ingredients.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Add to a blender and pulse until emulsified.
- Mix chicken and veggies and top with the dressing. Serve with extra lime wedges and enjoy.
Post any great low carb recipes you might have. Let’s do this together!