I’m low carbing it so salads are a must and since I have a healthy/BIG appetite they need to fill me up. I found these great recipes that have tons of the flavor with none of the guilt. ENJOY!
Blueberry Corn Salad
This salad is refreshing and light. You will love the juiciness and pop of color the ingredients bring to this unique recipe.
- Sweet corn (canned), 1 ½ cups
- Fresh blueberries, 1 cup
- Red onion (finely chopped), ¼ cup
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- Fresh cilantro (chopped), ¼ cup
- Lime juice, 2 tbsp
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- Olive oil, 2 tbsp
- Ground cumin, ½ tsp
- Honey, 1 tbsp
- Salt, ½ tsp
- Black pepper, ¼ tsp
- In a large mixing bowl, combine corn, cucumber, blueberries, cilantro, onion, and jalapeno.
- In another small bowl, whisk together honey, oil, lime juice, salt, pepper, and cumin. Pour the dressing over the vegetable mixture and stir to combine flavors.
- Cover and set to refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve and enjoy
Prosciutto and Nectarine Salad
The unique blend of flavors is what makes this salad the perfect for your summer healthy cravings. The sweet flavors of nectarines are blended with salty parmesan and peppery arugula. Try it out yourself!
- Lemon juice, 2 tbsp
- Shallots (finely chopped), 1 tbsp
- Honey, 1 tsp
- Dijon mustard, 1 tsp
- Salt, 1/8 tsp
- Extra-virgin olive oil, 3 tbsp
- Arugula (trimmed), 8 cups
- Parmesan cheese (shaved), ½ cup
- Nectarines (ripe, wedges), 2 cups
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 prosciutto (paper-thin slices), torn into strips
- In a large mixing bowl, combine shallot, lemon juice, honey, mustard, and salt. Whisk the ingredients until fully combined.
- Add arugula to the mixture and toss to coat. Divide the salad in four equal portions and top with equally divided prosciutto, parmesan, and nectarine.
- Sprinkle with some pepper and serve fresh for best taste.
Walnut-Orange and Chicken Summer Salad
This simple salad is brightened up with tangy flavors of goat cheese, toasted walnuts and the fruity orange segments. Served with chicken, this salad is perfect for both lunch and dinner.
- Orange juice, 1/3 cup
- Walnut oil, 1/3 cup
- Garlic (minced), ½ tsp
- Red wine vinegar, 1 tbsp
- Orange zest (freshly grated), 1 tsp
- Salt, ¼ tsp
- Reduced-sodium soy sauce, 1 tsp
- Ground black pepper, ¼ tsp
- Mixed greens of your choice, 3 cups
- 1 orange, cut into segments
- Cooked chicken breast (diced), ½ cup
- Toasted walnuts, 2 tbsp
- Goat cheese (crumbled), 2 tbsp
- Place orange juice, oil, garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, orange zest, salt and pepper in a jar or bowl. Whisk or shake until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- In another salad bowl, place all the greens and toss with the dressing you have prepared. Top with walnuts, goat cheese, orange segments and chicken.
- Serve immediately or chill before serving and enjoy the amazing flavors!
Do you have a summer favorite salad? Don’t forget to tell us about it!